Although you may not be able to perform all the routine maintenance required that our technicians can, you will be able to regularly follow a checklist to minimize any unforeseen problems potentially avoiding larger problems or breakdowns.
Follow the checklist below to stay aware of your systems and ahead of any problems.
Service Tips for your unloader:
- Tighten conveyor chain at least once a month (check out the video below)
- Grease unloader at least once a month. A 1/2 tube to the center post
- Always clean off gasket on the unloader door to keep the silo sealed properly
Service Tips for your Structure:
Always check your haylage, corn silage, high moisture corn to feel if it is warm. Warm feed indicates there is an air leak in the silo, and it should be checked out.
Questions to Consider:
If your unloader is delivering slow, here is a few questions to consider:
- How good is your dome? Have you lost the dome?
- Are the hooks on the unloader worn out?
- Is there a groove in the floor? The arm could be dragging on the floor.
- Is the cutter chain loose?